The Moapa River Indian Reservation lit up the night sky on the 10th of October with thousands of beautiful paper lantern taking off and flying into the night!
Next October, plan on staying with us and making the drive out to share in this lovely festival! There will be music, food and drinks! It was held at the Moapa Travel Plaza, just 35 miles NE of Vegas. Guests were given the chance to personalize the lanterns, with messages, a prayer, dream or resolution! What a wonderful way to spend an evening… dreaming and being thankful!!
Amy & John: We can’t thank you enough for sharing your home with us. I have stayed at many, many amazing houses but yours is by far the best. Your home is so relaxing and comfortable. It is truly an escape from reality and “the Strip.” Your attention to details when designing your house is incredible. OMG to your oasis in the backyard. Thanks again and hope to see you soon.
The first guest book is full. There are pages and pages of messages like this that just bring tears to my eyes! How lucky we are to share our home with so many and how grateful we are to have so many love our special place on this Earth. We also look forward to having each one of you return !
Normally this is followed by a face. You know the face. Ugh.
Sure family vacation can be great — but that takes work. And really, it is not all that often …
So, where do you go that is guaranteed fun for all?
Why you cannot crash and burn when you stay at our place!
The house will make you feel warm and loved. The kitchen will help you produce amazing meals.
The pool and spa will take the kids to a happy place and I promise, a dip in the spa (summer or winter) with a glass of wine and some good music will leave you quite happy too.
And you are well on your way to designing a trip for everyone. You will find things for the “older crowd” (google search Rose.Rabbit.Lie. at Caesars) as well as great kid places. Even those that are a bit on the wild side can try flying with the Combat Aces – like driving a Ferrari in the sky!
After a lovely family vacation exploring all Vegas has to offer and all the while having a beautiful villa to return to — everyone will be in shock at what a great family vacation they had and beg you to start planning the next one!!!
Let’s do it!
Heading to Vegas? Do a little research and you’ll soon discover, there are a lot of shows to see!
Which ones do you pick!???
We have some ideas!
(1) Family Adventure – GO to the BLUE MAN GROUP at the Monte Carlo!
(2) Traveling with mom?
GO to “Donny & Marie” at the Flamingo
(3) Love BROADWAY?
HEAD off to the “Million Dollar Quartet” at Harrah’s Showroom
(4) Have to see a VEGAS SHOW?
TRY Frank Marino’s “Divas Las Vegas” at the Quad.
(5) Have a weakness for reality shows?
Buy tickets to “Terry Fator” at the Mirage
(6) In town with THE BOYS?
You’ll want to take that group of crazies to “Fantasy” at the Luxor
(7) Love the Cirque Shows?
We recommenf “O” or “Le Reve”
(8) Enjoy the music of the Beatles?
“LOVE” is a wonderful show as well!
Hitting the shows that appeal to you and your companions is the best way to enjoy all Vegas has to offer!
We hope this list is a good starting place for you as you plan!
Lately I have been reading a lot about the new reason people come to VEGAS …
NOT to gamble, but to EAT.
I talk about food a lot, too.
I discovered Vegas had great food to offer long before it became cool!
So – what is up and coming in our amazing town right now?
I have a few suggestions!
(1) A Social Club in the Cosmo … great food and an interesting social “experiment!” www.http://www.roserabbitlie.com
(2) One of my favorites — great food that is free from all that JUNK! And really amazing!!
(3) The thing about Vegas is that you can travel to many different “places” while really just going from Resort to Resort … well at Crush: Eat Drink Love, they gives it all to you at one place!! Choices from all over the world ready to melt into your mouth!
(4) Give me a burger? This place will make you crave them!
and finally … I have to include the one thing I “need” on a monthly basis:
(5) Wing Lei – at the Wynn. It does not have a website, but you can look it up on the WYNN site … which describes it as” Often hailed as the finest Chinese gourmet in the city, this Michelin-rated restaurant serves fresh, authentic dishes in a sleek dining room set inside Wynn Las Vegas. The interior is adorned with classic white tablecloths, high-backed red velvet chairs, and a large Fernando Botero statue, all illuminated by dramatic lantern-like chandeliers. Seated beside expansive windows overlooking a zen-inspired garden, patrons savor house specialties crafted by executive chef Ming Yu, who incorporates Cantonese, Shanghainese, Sichuan, and even French influences into the extensive menu. Highlights include the pan-seared potstickers, shrimp toast, and Peking duck tasting menu, featuring five preparations of duck.” I know … perfection!
So please, if you are in Vegas and thinking of heading out to eat… please try at least one of these spots. They will not disappoint!
We have to admit … we do think our kitchen is kind of awesome … and some incredible things have come out of it! YUM!
After our own chef (Johnny), there is another chef who has graced our kitchen with her presence!
Some amazing things have been created by Chef Lisa right in our humble home!
She is a local chef who will gather some beautiful, healthy and delicious items, bring them into the house, make it smell like heaven and melt in your mouth.
Relaxing outside while she cooks and fills the house with an aroma like no other is a moment you will not forget.
We were lucky enough to have a local chef cook for us on a few trips we took with the family (once in Italy and once in Costa Rica) and we have to say, the meals were unlike anything we had ever had! The memory of sitting in a special place (not a restaurant) and enjoying one another is something we still cherish to this day.
We highly recommend setting up a session with her — she will work with you to create one meal, meals you can re-heat or daily spreads.
Vacationing is lovely and having a great kitchen to work in can also be fabulous…. but sometimes it makes your time so much better to have a few things taken care of and we want to have those options readily available to our guests.
Take a moment and review her website!
Give her a call and discuss a meal or two … we know you will not regret it.
We are so pleased to announce that we are working with up-and-coming artists to add a little extra flair to the house! We picked one amazing photographer as our first to feature.
Jill Sanders, who has spent many years in Lake Tahoe, Nevada, is expanding her portfolio to many new areas of the County and has lately found inspiration in our little piece of the Earth.
Las Vegas and the areas around are so unique .. such an inspiration to many!
But to Jill Sanders .. it is the light and the clouds that call her.
And those shots speak to us.
We will be featuring a few of her pieces in the house and cannot wait to hear how our guest react!
We hope our guests will love this first addition — we hope to add more!
Please take a moment and look through Jill’s amazing work!